For tunnel gating of small, thin-walled moldings.
This gate insert possesses no calotte and is therefore suitable for very thin-walled moldings. It distinguishes itself by its very small dimensions (10 x 5 mm) for 0.5 to 1,1 mm gate diameters.
>>NEW: Miniflow – GTM closed gate diameter Download
- >> Miniflow “Thin-walled parts” Features:
- For particularly thin-walled moldings (wall thickness 0.5 to 1.2 mm). This gate insert posses no calotte and is therefore suitable for very thin-walled moldings.
- Attention: The gating point will be flush with, or slightly projecting from, the bottom surface depending on plastic used.
- Installation dimensions “GTM”
Recommended distances “L” from the injection point to the sprue ejector are given below for the various material groups.
The distance “AT” describes the correlated ejector depth.
- Thermoplastics Elastomers
When processing thermoplastic elastomers, please observe the following recommendations to ensure reliable de-molding:
- The distance “L” should decrease with the Shore hardness value.
- The guide length L*0.8 does not apply to TPEs (or TPU, TPA, respectively). In these applications, a centering cone should be provided as shown in our drawing.
- This application instruction applies to elastomers in the medium Shore hardness range (uo to 100 Shore A).
- Gate sizes
We would like to make it as easy as possible for you to select the right gate size. To help you make your choice we have plotted a number of charts indicating the range of possible gate sizes for a given molding weight and material. Please take into account the viscosity of the plastic before making your selection. Since the plastics industry is marketing an ever growing number of modified plastics in each category, it is impossible to provide binding data here. Please also note our warranty disclaimer.
- EXAFLOW Tunnel Gate Inserts
Material: 100Cr6 1.3505
Uses: Mechanically moving parts with high wear resistance, high surface hardness, very good cold impact resistance and fatigue strength.
C = 0.8 – 1.05 %
Cr = 1,35 – 1,65 %
Fe = Balance
Surface quality, roughness Ra 0.8 – 1.3
Density 7.5 g/cm³ Carbon content 0.8 – 1.05 % Hardness 52 + 3 HRC